Acupuncture can be used successfully for:
- psychological complaints: stress related problems and burnout, mood swings, fears and depression
- unable to quit smoking
- nerve disorders: migraine, tension headache, neck hernia (cervical syndrome), vertigo, facial pain, Bell’s disease, Meniere’s disease
- respiratory problems: hay fever, allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, cough, bronchitis, astma, bronchitis, chronic lung disease.
- gastrointestinal complaints: spastic bowel, gastritis, heartburn, diarrhea, constipation, hemorrhoids
- recurring bladder infections
- muscle and joint problems: osteoarthritis, rheumatoid inflammation, gout, frozen shoulder, bursitis, RSI, tennis elbow, low back pain, hernia, sciatica
- women complaints: menstrual complaints, PMS, infertility, morning sickness, breech presentation, induction of labor
- heart disease: high blood pressure, Raynaud’s disease, palpitations
- cancer: acupuncture cannot cure cancer but is useful for combating the side effects and consequences of chemotherapy, radiation and surgery
- skin complaints: eczema, shingles, neuro-dermatitis, hives (urticaria)
Also read the Disclaimer , Acupuncture, Japanese Acupuncture and Treatment in Pictures .